covid information and resources - updated 10.28.20
why choose surgical technologist?
- surgery can be stressful. the trained surgical technologist is an important member of the surgical team who provides pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care and makes the patient’s experience more positive.
- a great career for those with strong communication and teamwork skills as well as attention to detail and safety protocols.
- get the training needed to confidently work in a supporting role in the exciting world of surgery.
2600 west 5th street
marshfield, wi 54449
what you'll learn
the surgical technologist program at mid-state prepares graduates to work as part of the surgical team in operating rooms, providing instruments and supplies to the surgeon. students learn skills and techniques used in central service with instrument processing.
training encompasses both classroom and lab instruction. you will gain clinical hands-on experience in surgery, ambulatory centers, central service, and other related areas. after successful completion of the program and certification exam, you will be a certified surgical technologist (cst).
estimated entire program cost
cost based on the 2020/2021 academic calendar year.
- Tuition & Fees: $5,936.78
- books: $1,149.45
- supplies, uniforms, and/or exams: $467.00
- total estimated cost: $7,553.23
financial aid eligibility
this program is eligible for full financial aid.
|10806177||General Anatomy & Physiology||4.00|
|31512327||st: introduction to surgical technology||4.00|
|31512328||st: fundamentals 1||4.00|
|31512329||st: fundamentals 2||2.00|
|31512330||st: clinical 1||3.00|
|31512331||st: surgical procedures||4.00|
|31512332||st: clinical 2||4.00|
|31512334||st: clinical 3||4.00|
|10501104||culture of healthcare||2.00|
kelly altmann, bsn, rn
kelly is a registered nurse with a bachelor’s degree in nursing from viterbo college and over 25 years of teaching experience at mid-state. she is also a certified nurse operating room (cnor) and has worked in both circulating and scrub roles. kelly serves on the board of the association of perioperative registered nurses chapter.
“i love seeing the transition of our future healthcare workers as they grow in knowledge and skills in the operating room and gain leadership skills to become confident individuals.”
- anesthesia technologist
- endoscopy assistant
- labor and delivery technician
- materials management
- medical sales
- office manager
- organ and tissue procurement
- private employment by a surgeon
- research and product developer assistant
- surgery scheduler
- surgical assistant
- surgical technology instructor
- traveling surgical technologist
- veterinary assistant
- accreditation information
the surgical technologist program is accredited by the accreditation review council on education in surgical technology and surgical assisting (arc/stsa), under the auspices of commission on accreditation of allied health education programs. graduates of the surgical technologist program highly recommend the central service technician program prior to core course enrollment.
commission on accreditation of allied health education programs
9355 113th st. n, #7709 seminole, fl 33775 • 727.210.2350 • www.caahep.org
- accreditation outcomes
outcomes assessment exam (cst exam)
reporting year academic year mid-state pass rate 2019 2017-2018 91%
*arc/stsa exam pass rate threshold is 70%
- additional resources
“the surgical technologist program took me out of my comfort zone and moved me into what i am doing now. it was the key to my success.”
choose your path
career pathways help you take your education one step at a time to maximize your investment and make college fit your life. earn a credential and start using it in the workforce. continue with another stack of related courses to gain a more advanced diploma or degree.